|Veneer and Far|
|Old Al needs some wood to protect his arcade machines.|
Wood might be found in places that have wood. You'll have to really step up your game and grind away to get this done.
|Given By||Alan Bushwell|
|Location||Peso Arcade Back Room|
|Rewards||190 XP; 195 Fubars|
|Blast From the Past||Parting with the Cartridge|
- "Alright, listen up. Before you go looking to solve any mysteries and be a meddling kid, I need you to help me out. That device out there really did a number on Ol' Al's arcade machines.
- "The electro-encephala-magneto-ionospheric whatever wave knocked some of my most iconic characters out of their games. Now I think we can fix things, but we need to make some preparations. Back in my day, we used to sheath our consoles with hand-crafted wood finish. That stuff would stand the test of time." Al fondles his beard in reminiscence.
- "These days, people think it's ugly, so we got rid of it. I just know that if we had that wood finish back, the games would be protected. You'll have to get some wood; one good plank should do, and then process it into Sandalwood. After that you'll have to really give it a good polish. I suggest using a power tool for that step. Bring it back here and we'll be good to go."
Get wood for Old Al!
|Warning: This section contains spoiler information about Veneer and Far. Please click "show" to view.|
- "I know how you feel, <name>- getting that wood polished is going to be a real grind."
- "Ah, this will do nicely. I'll go back into the workshop and start working that wood for the consoles." Heh, I'll bet you will.
- Al shoots you a dirty look. "In the meantime," he says authoritatively, "I have something else for you to do."