|Warning: This article may contain quest spoiling information about Observin' Ervin. |
If you don't want to take all the fun out of F.U., we suggest you turn back.
|Return to the Haunted Farmhouse and confront The Faunted Family.|
|Given By||The Faunted Family|
|Prerequisites||"The Faunted Harmhouse" completed|
|Rewards||250 XP; 260 Fubars|
|The Faunted Harmhouse||Wrap it Up|
The Faunted Family
"Ervin's behind all of it. I know he looks simple, just a bumpkin, bean-harvesting farmhand, but he's more than that...
"...he convinced us to start a Zello empire! It was so delicious, we didn't care where the ingredients were coming from. We were as surprised as the rest of the town when the zombies came, but soon he told us the truth."
The family hangs their collective heads in shame.
"Please, forgive us," the father says. "Please stop him. Our only crime was loving pudding! And if that's wrong, then I don't want to be right."
- Ervin brandishes his pitchfork at you as you approach.
- "GAH! Zombie!"
- He pauses, examining you closer. "Wait a moment," he says. "You look familiar...no...NO! You won't stop me! I've worked too hard for this to be foiled by a meddling kid!"
You approach him with purpose. You've got no qualms about thrashing an old man if necessary.
- "Er...but wait! What if I'm not actually Ervin at all?!"
Where is this going?
- Ervin grabs the top of his head, and to your horror, tears his entire, now clearly fake body away to reveal...
- ...Captain Arrr?
- "Yar har! Um...arrrrgh! And so on! You see, I, Captain Arrr, was behind this all along because...um..."
- You tap your foot impatiently.
- "...no? Well then, how about THIS!"
Yawn. Move it along.
- Arrr-vin grabs the top of his pirate hat and gives it a good tug, revealing...
- The Nurse?! You can't be serious.
- "Um...grrr! Argh! Need healz?"
- You crack your knuckles. You are not amused.
- "AH! Um, well then," "The Nurse" sighs, "I suppose not."
To the Point Already
Hear Him OutEdit
- Dr. Ervin, I presume?
- The faux-Nurse pulls her fake body away, revealing what is clearly Ervin, albeit a tad bit more...mad scientist-y.
- "Yes," sighs Ervin, "it was me. 10 years spent in Mad Scientist School and for what? Field plowing? It was an affront. So, okay, maybe I started injecting Necromancy Serum into the fields with my upgraded pitchfork.
- "I did that. Guilty.
- "The beans were a staple of everyone's diet, so, presto! Instant Zombie apocalypse. I pioneered the Zello recipe with Papa Faunted just to make some Fubars. Those student loans aren't going to pay themselves off, you know."
- Ervin attempts a cackle, but it's fairly unconvincing. "Oh, and I have to kill you now, too. No hard feelings."
Finally, shut your trap!
- You fight Dr. Ervin Faunted, PhD (boss fight: level 8 / 800 HP)
"You did it! Ervin's defeated and the source of the zombies is exposed!