- You enter what seems to be a strange and mystical zoo, and encounter an even stranger pair...of strangers. The rhino stops you as you walk by.
- "Hello, guest! I'm the mother flippin' Rhymenoceros! My friend here, is the Hiphopopotamus."
- He nods to his partner, who begins to sob uncrontrollably. There is nothing sadder in this world than a crying, anthropomorphic hippo.
- The Rhymenoceros continues, "We are the caretakers of this menagerie. Feel free to look around, and take in the sights during your visit!"
- >>> WHY HE SAD?
- "Why is the Hiphopopotamus sad? Well... he... he's lost his confidence. He takes great pride in his zookeeping abilities, but his favorite reptile has gotten loose and escaped out to Elanthia! We have no idea how."
- "He's despondent, and as his friend and co-caretaker of this Menagerie, I'm worried. It usually only happens when he freestyles."
- "Perhaps you'd be willing to help the situation? We can't leave the remaining animals here unattended, but if you see any of the ones that escaped, could you bring them back to their cages? Take this magical ner, and use it to capture the missing animals. Once they're all back, that's sure to lift his spirits!"
- The Rhymenoceros hands you an interesting contraption.
Visiting the cages of the missing animals in the Menagerie of Music will give you clues as to where they might be.
|Warning: This section contains spoiler information about Hiphopopotamus and Rhymenoceros. Please click "show" to view.|
Don't forget to use the Quest item A Net from a Cello in combat (as a finishing move) to capture them! After capturing the animals, you need to put them back into their cages before you can get the next side quest from the Hippo and Ryno.
- The Hiphopotamus sees between sobs that indeed all his beloved Menagerie inhabitants are safe and sound in their pens.
- "You... you did this for us?" The Hippo's mood changes faster than a runway model. "Thank you, so much. Now I will consider you AND the Stepping Wolf to be my dawgs."
- The Rhymenoceros stops you before you go. "These are for all your hard work."
- Socks? Really?
- Seeing your disappointment, the Rhymenocerous intejects, "Not just any socks, Business Socks."
Note: Business Socks is a trinket that boosts your favored stat by 5%.
- Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement of "Flight of the Conchords", and their nicknames: Hiphopopotamus (Jemaine) and Rhymenoceros (Bret)